Mr. Food: Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; saute celery and onion 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients then place the mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- If you’re looking for more Texas-inspired recipes, check out our collection of Easy Texas Recipes!
- Did You Know?: Texas is one of the highest-producing rice-growing states in the country. The state has been growing rice for over a century!