Mr. Food: Tempt Me Truffles
What You’ll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar, plus extra for coating
- 5 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped toasted almonds for coating
- Unsweetened cocoa for coating
What to Do
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until creamy; gradually add 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, beating well after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla. Cover and chill 2 hours, or until mixture is firm.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; roll some in almonds, some in cocoa, and some in confectioners’ sugar. Cover and chill at least 1 hour; serve chilled. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- Love this recipe for truffles? Check out some of our other chocolate candy recipes, including tips, tricks, and more!
- You can make these chocolate truffles even more special by rolling ’em up in their favorite toppings (nuts, sprinkles, cocoa, coconut), and then wrapping ’em up or placing them in a fancy-looking box. Now, they’re even more tempting!