Mr. Food: Summer’s Best Chilled Corn Soup
With so much fresh corn in the market this time of year, we’re making a summer recipe that takes advantage of this sweet summer vegetable. Try our Summer’s Best Chilled Corn Soup when you want a lunch that’s filled with flavor to help you beat the heat. You might say this soup is “soup-er” refreshing and the fact that it’s ready in minutes, is what makes it summer’s best!
What You’ll Need
- 4 ears raw sweet corn, husked and kernels removed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow bell pepper; seeds removed and cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Sour cream for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
What to Do
- In a blender, combine corn, beans, bell pepper, onion, sugar, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, if desired, milk, and lime juice. Blend until smooth
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled. Garnish each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and a bit of cilantro.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.