Mr. Food: Sugar ‘n’ Spice Nuts
Our festive Sugar ‘n’ Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it’s also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can’t be with you this season.
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 egg white, beaten slightly
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cashews, pecans, and peanuts. Add egg white and toss until evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper; mix well then add to nut mixture. Stir until nuts are well coated then spread on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring halfway through cooking time. Let cool.
- Mix dried cranberries into nuts; serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.