Mr. Food: Sugar Cream Pie
What You’ll Need
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce box)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll the pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Flute edges and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the nutmeg, and salt. Add heavy cream, half-and-half, and vanilla; stir until well mixed. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until center is set; let cool. In a small bowl, mix remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pie before serving.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.