Mr. Food: Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen strawberries or 1 pound fresh
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, softened, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking stray.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, rhubarb, 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, the cornstarch, and vanilla; mix well then pour into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, egg, salt, the remaining sugar, and the remaining butter; mix until crumbly, then sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until bubbly and topping is golden. Serve warm.
This Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler is great, but who can stop at just one fruit cobbler? Click here for even more Foolproof Fruit Cobbler Recipes!