Mr. Food: Steak Pizzaiola
What You’ll Need
- 2 boneless beef loin strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each), 1 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, cut into half-moon slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (14-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
What to Do
- Season steaks on both sides with onion powder, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Brown steaks 2 minutes per side. Remove to a platter.
- Add onion, green pepper, diced tomatoes, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining1/2 teaspoon pepper to skillet; cook 5 minutes.
- Return steaks to skillet with vegetables, and cook 7 to 10 more minutes or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking. To serve; spoon sauce and vegetables onto a plate and top with sliced steak.
For great steak sandwiches, thinly slice the steaks and serve on sandwich rolls with the vegetables and sauce.