Mr. Food: Sriracha Short Ribs
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 pounds beef short ribs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub mixture over ribs and place in pan. Add water to pan, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 2 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine honey, sriracha sauce, and lime juice.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place ribs in single layer on baking sheet, then brush with sriracha mixture. Return to oven and bake 15 to 20 more minutes, or until ribs begin to caramelize.
Don’t let a drop of this sauce get away! A side of our Best Mashed Potatoes Ever is just the thing!