Mr. Food: Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.8-ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add spinach and garlic and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until garlic is golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, the oregano, and salt. Add spinach mixture and stir until well blended.
- Unroll pizza dough and with your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread dough out to a 10- x 15-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise to make two 5- x 15-inch rectangles. Spread half the spinach mixture onto each piece of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Fold each piece of dough over and pinch the edges to seal securely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Check This Out!
- Wrap up this tasty Italian meal of homemade stromboli with our creamy and delicious Cannoli Cheesecake!
- If you loved this simple spinach recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Super Recipes with Spinach: 21 Spinach Salad Recipes, Spinach Dinner Recipes, and More.