Mr. Food: Spinach and Artichoke Calzones
What You’ll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup chopped artichokes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (13.8-ounce) containers refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, spinach, artichokes, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well.
- Unroll pizza crusts onto a flat surface and cut each into 4 squares. Spoon an equal amount of spinach mixture onto each square, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese. Fold each in half diagonally to form triangles. Using a fork, crimp edges to firmly seal. Place calzones on baking sheets and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve these with marinara sauce. And if you like calzones as much as we do, please try our Meatball Calzones — you’ll be glad you did!