Mr. Food: Southwestern Salad Toss
What You’ll Need
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- CREAMY CILANTRO DRESSING
- 1 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes, corn, onion, and black beans; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine dressing ingredients; process until smooth.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate any leftover dressing for later use.
Check This Out!
- Want to try another restaurant-worthy salad that’s simple to put together at home? Then try our Bistro Chicken Salad and you might just feel like you’re dining in a French Bistro!