Mr. Food: Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti, uncooked
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (24-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley for sprinkling
Slow Cooker Baked Ziti Directions:
- Coat a 5-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray. Rinse uncooked pasta, drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes or until browned; drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well.
- In the slow cooker, layer 2 cups sauce on the bottom, top with half the sausage mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ziti, and half the ricotta mixture. Repeat layers one more time. Top with remaining sauce and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours, or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips!
- Whip up our Parmesan Garlic Rolls for the perfect way to top off our Slow Cooker Baked Ziti recipe! Not a fan of garlic bread? Make these Pull Apart Herbed Rolls!
- For the complete authentic Italian feel, make our Bakery-Style Cannoli or our Italian Pastry Squares for dessert!
- Make more slow cooker recipes! Try our Down-Home Shredded Pork, or our Slow Cooker Lasagna.