Mr. Food: Skillet Glazed Pork
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked white rice, warmed
- 2 scallions, cut in half and shredded lengthwise
What to Do
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil; saute pork and onion 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove mixture to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium; add fish sauce, brown sugar, hot sauce, ginger, garlic, and pepper strips. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk broth and cornstarch and add to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Return pork to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink in center. Serve over rice and top with scallions.
And for dessert? How about a “Just Peachy” Fluff Salad? Sweet, simple, and refreshing!