Mr. Food: Skillet Chicken and Veggies
What You’ll Need
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice from 1/2 fresh lime
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
What to Do
- In a large skillet, combine onion soup mix, oil, water, lime juice, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in chicken strips and cook 5 minutes. Stir in vegetables and continue cooking 4 to 5 more minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are heated through.
Just a Suggestion!
- We love serving this over white rice!
- Top off this easy and delicious meal with cool and refreshing Strawberry Shortcake.