Mr. Food: Seared Scallops with Newburg Sauce
What You’ll Need
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 sea scallops, patted dry
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- To make Newburg sauce, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine soup, cream, sherry, and seafood seasoning and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper and sauté 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden and firm in center. Remove to a platter.
- Stir bread crumbs and parsley in skillet until moistened. Top scallops with Newburg sauce and sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.