Mr. Food: Really Easy Pork Scaloppini
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or boneless pork loin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
What to Do
- Cut pork crosswise into 8 slices. Place pork between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin (see Tip). Sprinkle pork evenly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter until hot. Add garlic and half the pork; cook 2 minutes on each side. Transfer pork to a platter and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining oil, butter, and pork; transfer to platter.
- Add capers and lemon juice to skillet; cook 30 seconds, then pour sauce over pork and serve immediately.
- Pounding the pork tenderizes the meat and allows it to cook faster.
- We love a side of creamy mashed potatoes with this, so we don’t waste a drop of the delicious sauce!