Mr. Food: Raspberry Cream Danish
What You’ll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 18 fresh raspberries
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, and the vanilla until smooth; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry on flat surface and cut into 9 equal squares. Fold one corner of pastry to opposite corner, then turn pastry so it looks like a triangle.
- Leaving a 1/4-inch border around triangle, cut slits from bottom to 1/4-inch from top of pastry, making sure slits do not touch. Unfold the triangle and turn so point is facing up. Take the top flap and fold it toward the 2 cuts near bottom. Take bottom flap and fold it towards top edge.
- Place a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in center, then place a raspberry on top. Repeat with remaining pastry, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly, then sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
Feel free to use any other of your favorite fruits, like blueberries or strawberries.