Mr. Food: Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound Italian-style turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil and oregano, undrained
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound rotini, twists, or spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, onion, bell pepper, and garlic until no pink remains in the sausage. Reduce heat to low and add tomatoes, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; simmer 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again. Place pasta on a large serving platter.
- Spoon sausage mixture over pasta and top with mozzarella cheese. Serve immediately.