Mr. Food: Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta
If you’ve got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that’s loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound Italian-style turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil and oregano, undrained
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound rotini, twists, or spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, onion, bell pepper, and garlic until no pink remains in the sausage. Reduce heat to low and add tomatoes, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; simmer 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again. Place pasta on a large serving platter.
- Spoon sausage mixture over pasta and top with mozzarella cheese. Serve immediately.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.