Mr. Food: Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, the pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, butter, milk, and vanilla; mix well. Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture and stir until combined. Pour batter into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, and remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar; mix well. Sprinkle nut mixture over batter.
- Slowly pour hot water over the top; do not stir. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is set. Serve warm or cold.
- If you want to add another layer of deliciousness, serve this cobbler with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. We even drizzle ours with some caramel sauce as a double bonus!