Mr. Food: Pesto Spiral Potatoes
What You’ll Need
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce (see Note)
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put 2 wooden spoons parallel to one another and place a potato lengthwise between the handles. Make 8 crosswise cuts three-fourths of the way through the potato, stopping each time the knife hits the spoon handles. Repeat with remaining potatoes; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt, and pepper; rub mixture evenly over potatoes. Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven, drizzle with pesto sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve.
Sure, it’s fine to use store-bought pesto sauce, but if you want to make your own, try our recipe for Fresh Pesto Sauce — it’s easy and delicious!