Mr. Food: Perfect Pesto Potatoes
What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 medium Idaho baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds total), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; mix well. Add potatoes and toss until well coated. Place potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast 40 to 45 minutes or until crisp and brown on the outside and tender on the inside, turning halfway through the roasting.
- Meanwhile, to make the pesto sauce, in a blender or food processsor, combine basil, remaining 1/4 cup oil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; blend until smooth.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl, add 1/2 cup pesto sauce, and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftover pesto sauce for another use.
- Why not sprinkle these with grated Parmesan cheese just before serving for extra cheesy flavor? I like to use potatoes with the skin on, but if you prefer, you can peel them first.
- Want more tasty potato recipes? Check out our collection of Easy Potato Recipes!