Mr. Food: Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni slices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Gently clean mushrooms by wiping them with damp paper towels. Remove stems from 12 mushrooms; set aside caps. Finely chop mushroom stems and remaining whole mushrooms.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; saute chopped mushrooms 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, pepperoni, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pizza sauce; mix well.
- Using a teaspoon, stuff mushroom caps with stuffing mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are heated through. Serve immediately.