Mr. Food: Pepperoni Pizza Chicken
What You’ll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, lightly pounded
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 slices pepperoni
- Dried oregano for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and garlic powder; mix well. Dip chicken into bread crumb mixture, coating evenly on both sides. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove chicken from oven, top evenly with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. Sprinkle lightly with oregano. Place back in oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes more or until no longer pink in center. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- If you want, serve this up with a green salad and some garlic rolls, for a fully authentic Italian dinner treat!
- Need some salad ideas? Try our classic Caesar Salad or this oh-so-good Garbage Salad!
- To complete this, whip up our All Wrapped Up Garlic Bread! This recipe will quickly become a weeknight favorite!