Mr. Food: Parmesan Potato Stacks
What You’ll Need
- 3 pounds (4 to 5) medium potatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine potato slices, butter, salt, and pepper; toss gently until evenly coated. Stack potato slices to the top in each muffin cup.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine heavy cream, garlic, rosemary, and nutmeg and heat just until hot. Pour cream over each potato stack, filling each cup 3/4 full. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown on top. Let sit 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
- We’ve found that the best way to see if the potatoes are tender is to insert a knife gently into a stack.
- Were you suprised that you could use your muffin tin to make a recipe like this one? Well, get ready for even more surprises ’cause we’ve got even more great, Unexpected Muffin Tin Recipes for you to try out!
- If you can’t get enough of potato side dish recipes like this one, then you’re definitely going to want to check out our FREE eCookbook, Quick & Easy Potato Recipes.