Mr. Food: Onion Strings
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place onion rings in flour, coat well, then carefully place in hot oil.
- Fry onions 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, and serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- These Onion Strings are yummy as is, but you can sprinkle them with salt before serving, if you’d like.
- Use these to fancy up a juicy steak, top off a chef’s salad (instead of croutons), or however else you like!
- And if you love fried onions any which way, then be sure to check out our recipe for Crispy Buttermilk Onion Rings too!