Mr. Food: Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats, dried cranberries, and walnuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls one inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.