Mr. Food: Newlyweds’ Pot Roast
What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (2-1/2-pound) lean boneless beef chuck steak
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add steak and onion and cook about 10 minutes, or until steak and onions are completely browned, turning halfway through the cooking. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Loosely cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 2 hours, or until meat is fork-tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat to a cutting board and cut into slices. Serve with the sauce.
Check This Out!
- Let’s make some sides to go with this fantastic dinner recipe! Make our Classic Mashed Potatoes and our Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- For more amazing pot roast recipes, try our Asian-Style Pot Roast, our Cola Pot Roast, or our Firehouse Pot Roast!
- Keep the romance alive with these Delightful Dessert Recipes for Two.