Mr. Food: Mostaccioli and Sausage Toss
This fancy noodle is a fun way to change up everyone’s favorite Italian dinner! When the family is gathered around the table to eat our Mostaccioli and Sausage Toss, make sure they have a bib and a hearty napkin. The saucy perfection of this easy pasta recipe is filled with flavor that’s sure to make everyone feel warm and welcome, no matter how messy their grin gets!
What You’ll Need
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds hot or sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound Mostaccioli pasta
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook sausage until browned, turning occasionally. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with sausage mixture. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- Are you thinking, what the heck is Mostaccioli? It’s a shape of pasta that is similar to penne and it originated in Southern Italy. Penne are ribbed and tube-shaped with angled ends cut to resemble a quill or the point of a pen. Mostaccioli are smooth in texture and are perfect when served with a hearty sauce.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.