Mr. Food: Morning Maple Muffins
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Streusel Topping
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well. In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, milk, syrup, egg, and vanilla. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cup liners.
- In a small bowl, combine Streusel Topping ingredients; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly, remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.