Mr. Food: Mom’s Go-To Weeknight Goulash
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese
What to Do
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, brown beef, bell pepper, and onion 6 to 8 minutes, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add macaroni, spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and heat 1 more minute, or until cheese is melted.
For more recipes like this, check out our collection of Easy Goulash Recipes.