Mr. Food: Mango Lime Chicken
What You’ll Need
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2-1/4lbs)
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (juice from about 2 limes)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What to Do
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside.
- In a blender, combine remaining ingredients and process until smooth to create our marinade and basting sauce. Pour half this mixture over chicken. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade and basting sauce until later.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, or heat a grill pan over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill. Discard marinade remaining in bag.
- Cook chicken 8 to 10 minutes per side or until no pink remains in center of chicken, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade and basting sauce.