Mr. Food: Mac & Cheese Burger
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen macaroni and cheese
- 4 hamburger rolls
- Lettuce for garnish
- Pickle chips for garnish
- 4 strips bacon, cooked until crispy, cut in half
What to Do
- Preheat a grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, steak sauce, salt, and pepper; mix well. Form meat mixture into 4 equal patties.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions, set aside. Meanwhile, cook burgers 8 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness, turning halfway through.
- Place lettuce on rolls, top with burgers, macaroni and cheese, pickles and bacon. Serve immediately.
- If you are cooking the burgers on the grill, you can put the macaroni and cheese in either an aluminum pan or cast iron skillet and keep it warm right near the burgers!