Mr. Food: Loaded Egg Clouds
What You’ll Need
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup turkey sausage crumbles, browned in skillet according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallions (green onions)
- 2 teaspoons diced pimentos, drained on a paper towel
- Pepper for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in sausage, scallions and pimentos until just combined.
- Spoon mixture onto baking sheet, making 2 mounds. Using the back of a spoon, make a well in the center of each mound. Bake for 3 minutes and remove from oven.
- Gently pour one egg yolk into each well. Return to oven and bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness of yolk. Sprinkle with pepper before serving.
Looking for another great way to make cloud eggs? Check out this recipe for Bacon & Egg Clouds!