Mr. Food: Lemon-Butter Fish Fillets
What You’ll Need
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers, crushed (about 40)
- 4 (6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk buttermilk and egg. In a third shallow dish, place cracker crumbs.
- Dredge catfish in flour mixture, then dip in buttermilk mixture. Place in cracker crumbs, coating evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Fry fish in batches 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and parsley; heat 2 minutes.
- Pour butter sauce over catfish and serve.