Mr. Food: Key Lime Pie Cupcake
For a fun way to share tropical goodness with your friends, bake up these Key Lime Pie Cupcakes. These cupcakes are just the right amount of tart and sweet, making them oh-so-delicious. Topping them with graham cracker crumbs and a little key lime wedge is the perfect finishing touch!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- Zest of 1 key lime
- 1 (22-ounce) can key lime pie filling, divided
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 20 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, water, oil, key lime juice, and lime zest until thoroughly combined. Spoon batter evenly into paper liners.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Using an apple corer or paring knife, cut a hole in center of cupcakes, being sure not to cut all the way through bottom; remove center. Reserve 1/2 cup of pie filling; fill holes evenly with remaining pie filling (see Note); set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, the reserved 1/2 cup pie filling, and vanilla until creamy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth. Evenly frost cupcakes then sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Place filling in resealable plastic bag and cut off a small corner to fill cupcakes without making a mess.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.