Mr. Food: Java Nuts
This easy snack recipe is sure to put a pep in your step. Why? Because we’re cooking with espresso!
With hints of cinnamon and a special saltiness, they make the perfect pass around at your next holiday party or something extra thoughtful to give as a delectable homemade gift. When a recipe is this simple, tasty, and unique, you can’t go wrong!
Sweet and delicious coffee nuts like these are enjoyable at any time of year, any time of day. If you like coffee, this snack is right up your alley! Especially since they are easy to make, store, and take anywhere.
Watch our video and scroll down for all the ingredients and instructions you’ll need to make this delight!
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
- 4 cups walnut halves
Java Nuts Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg white and espresso granules until dissolved and frothy. Fold nuts into coffee mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle nuts with sugar mixture and mix until evenly coated. Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes, stir nuts, and continue baking 5 more minutes or until they’re dry to the touch.
- Remove from oven, loosen walnuts from baking sheet, and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Mr.Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- In case you’re not familiar with Espresso powder, it’s a very strong granulated coffee used to make Espresso. You can find it in your local market along with all the other coffee.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.