Mr. Food: Italian Antipasto Grilled Cheese
Think a grilled cheese sandwich is just for the kids? Think again! This Italian-Antipasto Grilled Cheese sandwich has all the tastes of your favorite Italian restaurant-style salad, in a warm, melty sandwich. What gives it the added flavor are some roasted red peppers, and a few slices of salami. It’ll take your grilled cheese sandwich from kids-only to 5-star gourmet ready!
What You’ll Need
- 8 slices Italian or sourdough bread
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips, drained well
- 8 slices deli-style Genoa salami
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to Do
- Place 4 bread slices on work surface. Evenly layer each slice with provolone cheese, red pepper strips, and salami. Sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano. Place remaining bread on top and brush both sides of sandwiches with olive oil.
- In a large skillet or a griddle over medium heat, cook sandwiches in batches until golden on both sides and cheese is melted.