Mr. Food: Imperial Pork Pot Stickers
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 (12-ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup water, divided
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine pork, ginger, garlic powder, scallions, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and the sesame oil; mix well.
- Place 8 wonton wrappers on a flat surface, then place a teaspoonful of pork mixture in center of each. Brush egg around edges of wonton, then fold one edge of wonton over filling, forming a triangle shape. Press edges together to seal, and place on baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining wonton wrappers and filling.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil until hot. Cook pot stickers in batches 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown, adding oil as needed. Add 1/4 cup water and 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce to skillet; cover and steam 3 to 4 minutes, or until water evaporates. Repeat with remaining pot stickers, or place remaining pot stickers in an airtight container and freeze until ready to cook.