Mr. Food: Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars
If you’re looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy fruit taste is perfect for an outdoor summer picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert. It’s a strawberry-licious treat that’s sure to impress!
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons finely crushed sugar cookies, divided (see Note)
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups cookie crumbs and the butter; mix well. Press firmly into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Beat in cream cheese just until it’s evenly mixed. With a rubber spatula, gently stir in strawberries. Evenly spread over the crust.
- Top with remaining 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs and refrigerate 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Keep it simple and pick a box of your favorite store-bought sugar cookies for this recipe!
- Go ahead and add some fresh berries and fresh mint as garnish for an even classier feel to this decadent dessert!
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.