Mr. Food: Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor or blender, pulse oats until fine.
- In a large bowl, combine oats with flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add eggs and mix until smooth. Stir in oats mixture; mix well. Stir chocolate chips and nuts into dough; mix well.
- Spoon rounded 1/4 cup portions onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle. When cool, store in a sealed container to keep soft.
Just So You Know…
- This dough can be refrigerated overnight if you don’t feel like baking right away.
- If you don’t feel like having a glass of milk, why not try a warm mug of our rich and smooth White Hot Chocolate? Heavenly!