Mr. Food: Hot Dog Kebabs
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons deli mustard
- 1 (16-ounce) package quarter-pound hot dogs, cut into 16 pieces (see Note)
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into half-moons
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 4 (12-inch) metal skewers
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine chili sauce, brown sugar, and mustard; mix well and set aside.
- On each skewer, thread a piece of hot dog, corn, green pepper, onion, and red pepper; repeat 2 more times and end with an additional piece of hot dog.
- Brush skewers with half the chili sauce mixture, then grill 4 to 5 minutes. Brush with remaining sauce, then turn kebabs and grill 4 to 5 more minutes, or until vegetables are tender and hot dogs are heated through.
Check This Out!
- We like to use quarter-pound kosher franks for this recipe because their size works well on the skewers and their taste teams perfectly with the zippy sauce.
- We don’t know about you, but we’ve just gotta have baked beans when we’re eating hot dogs of any style!