Mr. Food: Hot Brown Bites
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 18 slices cocktail party rye or pumpernickel
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 3 plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- 6 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
What to Do
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Gradually add milk and whisk until smooth and mixture begins to thicken. Stir in cheese, dry mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper and heat until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil. Place party rye on baking sheet. Top evenly with turkey, tomato, and cheese sauce.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until top is light golden. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.