Mr. Food: Hot Beef Sundaes
The Iowa State Fair is famous for serving up this savory dish that looks a lot like one of our favorite ice cream desserts. In fact, that’s the point! Hot Beef Sundaes may look like ice cream sundaes, but they’re actually made with some of our favorite comfort foods: mashed potatoes, roast beef, gravy, and a cherry (tomato) on top!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) container refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated cooked roast beef with gravy or au jus
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cherry tomatoes
What to Do
- Heat mashed potatoes and roast beef according to package directions. Pull beef apart into chunks.
- Evenly distribute mashed potatoes between 3 bowls, then evenly top with beef and gravy. Sprinkle each with cheese and place a tomato on top.
- If the gravy that comes with your roast beef is too thin, all you’ve got to do is whisk in 1 teaspoon of flour to thicken it.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.