Mr. Food: Homemade Microwave Pickles
What You’ll Need
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a microwaveable 2-quart bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Microwave uncovered at 80% power 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow pickles to cool.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Check This Out!
- There are so many ways to enjoy cool and refreshing cucumbers. We’d like to suggest our Creamy Cucumber Salad as another tasty option!
- Don’t stop there! We’ve got so many more great microwave recipes right here.