Mr. Food: Hillbilly Ribs
Our lighthearted tribute to the “best of the best” of backwoods country cooking really shines in our Hillbilly Ribs recipe. This is down-home cookin’ that’ll guarantee a full house at the table.
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook ribs 8 to 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium and drain off excess liquid. Pour sauce mixture over ribs, partially cover, and cook 1-1/2 hours or until ribs are cooked through and tender, turning occasionally.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- We like to use country-style ribs because they’re meatier, but spareribs work well, too!