Mr. Food: Herb Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, divided, stems removed and chopped
- 2 racks of lamb (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup mint jelly
- 1/2 cup red wine
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 2 rosemary sprigs; mix well. Rub mixture evenly over lamb and place on baking sheet. Roast lamb 45 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine jelly, wine, and remaining rosemary sprigs, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until jelly is melted and mixture is slightly thickened. Slice lamb chops and serve with mint sauce.