Mr. Food: Healthy Slow Cooker Comfort Soup
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound kale, coarsely chopped
What to Do
- In a 6-quart or larger slow cooker, combine all ingredients except kale.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
- Right before serving, stir in kale and cook 5 minutes or until wilted. Serve immediately.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.