Mr. Food: Hayride Pumpkin Squares
Looking for a sweet and cozy way to welcome fall? We’ve got something that might help; our Hayride Pumpkin Squares are a perfect combination of pumpkin, cinnamon, and childhood memories! Picking fall apples, visiting the pumpkin patch, or making delicious desserts with loved ones, if this recipe wasn’t part of your childhood, remember it’s never too late to start sharing in the…”OOH IT’S SO GOOD!!”
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together remaining ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; beat well then pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely then cut into squares.
Mr.Food Test Kitchen Tip
- Decorate each square with a bit of powdered sugar and a candy corn and you’re good to go. Ahh, if only all things in life were this good!
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.