Mr. Food: Half Sour Dill Pickles
You don’t have to go to a deli to get some crunchy, juicy pickles! With just 5 ingredients, you’ve got everything you need to make our authentic Half Sour Dill Pickles. They make for a simple and satisfying snack.
What You’ll Need
- 18 Kirby or other small cucumbers (about 2 pounds total)
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
What to Do
- In a large jar or glass bowl, combine cucumbers, garlic, and dill; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil. Pour mixture over cucumbers.
- Allow to cool completely, then cover and chill overnight before serving. Keep extras refrigerated.
- Remember, don’t throw the pickling juices away when the pickles are gone. Just add more cucumbers.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.